Health Benefits of Omega-3 Include:
1. Can help blood pressure and lower triglycerides
2. Also may help with other conditions like depression, rheumatoid arthritis, depression and others
3. Diet high in Omega-3s reduces inflammation which is a key component in asthma
4. Some research also suggests that Omega-3s may help protect against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
With mostly the non vegetarian elements providing Omega-3 reservoirs the usefulness often was restricted to fish and meat based options.
Slowly but steadily plant based sources have been detected in order to let the vegetarians reap the benefits of these body essentials.
Products Involving Plant Derived Sources
Plant and seed based sources provide varied Omega-3 options to the users and are deemed to be as effective as the animal extracted sources. Some of the better options include:
Sources of Omega-3 #1. Products Derived from the Chia Seeds
- These are excellent sources of the Omega-3s involving fatty acids in equal proportions.
- Comes ahead as one of the best plant based sources helping the vegetarians enjoy the varied health benefits.
- These seeds are completely tasteless and can be added along the drinks and smoothies.
- Alongside the health benefits, these can also be used as garnishes imparting health attributes with taste based perks.
Sources of Omega-3 #2. Flax Seeds and Associated Products
- This comes around as the best plant derived Omega-3 option which is completely organic in nature.
- This has a high purity factor attached which is completely unfiltered with unrefined attributes as well.
- Super fresh taste and flavors are associated along with the stamp of the company under consideration.
- Can be added with the garnishes and capsules with equal ease, being highly versatile.
- These can help increase the Omega-3 intake coupled with fatty acids in adequate proportions.
- The availability is also high with local grocery shops keeping larger stores of the same.
- Seeds can be ground using a blender to include with the baked goods and salad dressings.
- Health benefits are high, along with the cost effectiveness.
- With a low smoke point, these seeds cannot be cooked and hence the nutritional value never gets compromised.
Sources of Omega-3 #3. Walnuts and Tofu Derived Products
- Walnuts can be used as the best sources of Omega-3 as they can be taken in a variety of forms using them as garnishes or solitary components.
- Correct quantity needs to be taken into consideration including a quarter of walnut supplementation each day.
- Soybeans and tofu can be used effectively to increase the count of Omega-3 into the body of an individual.
- The tofu needs to be grown across organic farms as these only have adequate Omega-3 sources associated.
Sources of Omega-3 #4. Algae Derived Options
- These are completely vegetarian involving algae as the derivable source.
- Most of these capsules involve time releasing options which can ably stand the stomach acids for longer periods.
- The plant derived sources undergo better absorption than the usual meat based derivatives.
Sources of Omega-3 #5. Whole Flaxseed
- Options can vary with the flax seeds which contain high proportions of iron and fiber.
- Each variant involves around 4g of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- The powder needs to be sprinkled over the salads as garnishes and similar products.
We can thus conclude that Omega-3 products can be derived from plants and are equally effective like the fish and meat based options making health benefits a reality for the vegans.
Have you ever heard about plant extracted sources of Omega-3 for vegetarians?
***If you like this article and find it useful, please feel free to share it on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ using floating social buttons bar on the left or simply leave a comment – you’ll make my day!
We hope to see you again. Check back later for the new updates to our Healthy Lifestyle Section of the Blog. There is so much more to come!
Elena loves to write articles related to health niche and she has been doing the same for 6 years now. She recommends everyone to consume Omega-3 Products because of the several health benefits they offer.
Image Source: benefits of Omega-3
*This information is solely for informational purposes. It is not intended to provide a medical advice. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider. The author nor publisher take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information.
By Elena Lee
so I can show you: