We never really think about home burglary prevention until we actually get robbed, is not that right?
Here are some important tips on how to prevent a home burglary.
Unfortunately, if someone really wants to get in our home - they will probably find a way.
My question is would you like it to make it easier on a burglar or more difficult to get into your house?
If the burglar gets to choose to get into your house or someone else’s that is an easy target, which one would he choose? Exactly! This is a no brainer!
So, even if you can never completely bulglary-proof your home, you can get some ideas from the list below that will at least make your home less of a burglary target.
Things Burglars Look For
1. If you don’t close your blinds at night, they love looking in your windows to spot an expensive flat screen TV, computer, video games, etc.
2. Most burglars get in a house through the back door. Keep that in mind and keep it locked up at all times
3. If you have a fancy alarm system, do not forget to set it at all times, even when you are at home (!)
3. If you leave that window open just a little bit during those warm summer days to let fresh air in, that might be an invitation to a burglar to come in too
4. Stop announcing your vacations on Facebook, MySpace etc. It’s very easy to locate your address and other personal information
5. Having a loud dog in your hoise is a good idea, even if you have a great alarm system installed
6. Having nosy neighbors next door can be a great thing also. Talk to your neighbors and agree on keeping an eye on each others homes
7. Burglars look for newspapers piled up on your driveway or might leave a flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it
8. They never go to kids rooms to look for valuable things, so it might be a good idea to hide some things there (!)
9. If you have a safe in your room, you need to bolt it down, otherwise your burglars might take it with them, since they don’t have time to break into it
10. If it snows while you are out of town, get a neighbor to create car tracks in your driveway
11. Burglars always knocks first, so answer the door at all times. Otherwise they can get in your house while you are in there – surprise, surprise! And it can be quite dangerous.
It’s a good idea to keep a weapon in your house to protect yourself and your family.
12. While on vacation, I would recommend to leave a few lights on in the house and may be a radio also. It can be a better deterrent than your alarm system.
13. Crooks try their best to never look like crooks. They can dress like a cable guy, a sales person with a clip board or be dressed like a lawn guy.
14. Don’t ever leave your door unlocked even if you just go to pick up the mail or take a short walk. As sad as it sounds, some of the robbers occasionally hit the jack pot and walk right in.
What do you do prevent your house from burglary?
More Articles on Financial Success:
so I can show you:
- - how to incorporate a healthy lifestyle into your daily routine
- - learn crucial steps to become successful in personal finance
- - get great dating and relationship tips to achieve a long-lasting successful relationship
- - and much more...
Love your job. Love your relationship. Love your life.