Can’t remember the last time when you took a break and took it easy and did not have that terrible headache?
Feeling like your stress level worsens every day and endanger your health?
These are typical signs of stress.
Well, you are not alone!
Unfortunately, millions of Americans suffer from unhealthy levels of stress at work and at home.
It became such a serious problem in our society that the U.S. Public Health Service has made reducing stress one of its primary health promotion goals!
The fact is that stress can contribute to heart disease, strokes, high blood pressure as well as can affect our immune system.
So what should we do in order to protect ourselves from endangering our health?
The truth is that you may have more control over stress on a daily basis than you think.
The key lies in how we respond to it.
While some common reactions can actually worsen the stress, the right moves instead can help you feel better not only now, but in the long run as well.
Outsmart your stress with these three stress management and relaxation techniques:
To avoid the affect of stress on your MIND:
1) Instead of withdrawing yourself, seek out positive people and emotions.
2) The emotional support of friends and family can help to cope with stress tremendously.
3) When it’s possible, avoid sources of stress.
4) Set reasonable expectations for others and most importantly for yourself.
5) Always manage what you can, but do not obsess about something you have no control over.
To avoid the affect of stress on your BODY:
1) Always get a good night sleep. Being overtired can increase your stress level.
2) Do not overeat. Stick to the healthy foods even when your are too tired or upset or stressed.
Eating reasonable portions of healthy foods will help you cope with stress better.
3) If you are depressed or upset, don’t zone out on the couch all day.
Try to get involved in any kind of physical activity that you enjoy, like hiking, taking a walk to the park, dancing around your house or simply going to the gym.
Any kind of exercise can reduce and prevent stress.
Learn Time Managing Techniques to cope with stress better
1) Always plan things at work and at home ahead of time. This way you won’t get behind and make things worse.
2) Do not take on too much, otherwise you will take on more stress.
3) And the last one which is very important:
Do something for yourself that you would enjoy daily, something to look forward to.
What kind of stress management techniques do you use to cope with stress on a daily basis?
Healthy Lifestyle Articles:
Article by Elena Moiseenko
loves hanging out with friends and helping people in need;
and most of all, wants the world to be a happy place to live for everyone.
That’s why she started this blog www.happy-healthy-successful.com
We hope to see you again. Check back later for the new updates to our Happiness Blog. There is so much more to come!
so I can show you:
- - how to incorporate a healthy lifestyle into your daily routine
- - learn crucial steps to become successful in personal finance
- - get great dating and relationship tips to achieve a long-lasting successful relationship
- - and much more...
Love your job. Love your relationship. Love your life.